Regrets



10 years ago, when we worked with an architect on updating the 1939 Modern I inherited, I had high hopes of realizing my dream of dissolving the barrier between indoors and out: part of the west side of the house on the bottom floor would open up by way of folding or sliding glass doors. Oh, no – I was assured nothing of the kind existed (folding panels), and glass "sliders", "with that big track to trip over? Oh, you don't want that!" So, what did I get stuck with? lousy, warping, terribly weatherstripped Weathershield double glass doors with yucky gold hinges! Every time I see a house that opens up I get such a pang of regret – why did I listen to my lazy contractor? Why didn't I do the research, prove him wrong and get what I really wanted?!

Here are the 2 treatments used in one space in the Wabi House, designed by Sebastian Marsical Studio. via Trendir – GF

No comments:

Post a Comment